Aish.com, the leading Jewish content website has hundreds of thousands of daily readers around the globe. We’re looking to expand our team of Online Engagement Specialists.
Work Scope: 3-4 hours a day Sunday-Thursday mid afternoons-evenings work EST from home office with high speed internet line.
Online engagement specialists are the front line of communication with readers of Aish.com. Through Live Chat communication you’ll engage in simultaneous real time ‘online chats’ with Aish readers to:
- Answer questions about different areas in Jewish law/thought
- Provide advice on issues relating to life challenges, personal growth, relationships (e.g. dating, marriage, parenting, friendships)
- Build trust through the chats to establish a pathway for continued communication via Live Chat and whatsapp messenger.
- Proactively encourage them taking their next step in Judaism (sign up for courses, get connected to a local Rabbi or virtual study partner)
- Assist by locating specific articles or resources
- Tag communications, follow up with readers as needed and meet target chat goals.
- Research and network to find the appropriate onsite learning programs, local Rabbis to make introductions with, tutoring opportunities or Israel trips.
Expected Outcomes of the Position Include:
- Maximize engagement with site readers and reach monthly targets of # of chats and # of readers who took further steps in their Judaism.
- Increase engagement with Aish.com features by pushing signups for newsletters, webinars, fundraisers.
- Deepening the loyalty of readers to Aish.com through pleasant & helpful interactions.
- BA (preferably in Psychology, Social Work or Business)
- English mother tongue with preferred command of Hebrew
- High emotional intelligence, a non judgemental mindset & strong intuition.
- A proactive ‘Sales’ mindset to push readers to take their next step in Judaism and reach monthly goals.
- The ability to think on your feet and use technology quickly.
- Outstanding communication multitasking skills (having between 3-5 text conversations at the same time)
- Written communication skills at a professional level.
- A strong familiarity of different areas of Judaism (e.g. Halacha, Chumash, Personal Growth, Philosophy, History.)
- Excellence in explaining Torah concepts in a relatable way to Jews of all backgrounds and affiliations.
- Comfortability to work with sensitive and personal topics (illness, gender, sexuality, trauma).
- Tech Savvy – familiarity with messaging communication platforms
- Excellent typing skills (speed and accuracy)
- Must be able to handle confidential, sensitive information and maintain organizational privacy