The North American Director is a key member of the Aish Global team and is responsible for the creation and maintenance of Friends of Aish across North America. This position will manage a portfolio of $10,000+ donors, serving as both the “player” (who raises money) and “coach” (who builds a team in target geographies) by focusing on securing gifts for Aish. This will be done through relationship management, recruiting and managing a team of fundraising professionals and building / managing a team of lay leaders actively engaged in fundraising endeavors.
The North American Director will report to the Executive Director, and will work in close collaboration with the CEO and other NY Aish Staff.
- Build relationships with current donors and prospects to solicit new and grow current gifts by
- Working with respected, motivated, non-fundraising Aish global staff,
- Leveraging our database of 60,000+ donors, and
- Engaging personal networks / creative new leads
- With the guidance of the Executive Director,
- Create a framework and strategy for building a team of fundraisers across the United States
- Identify and recruit talent to join the team
- Manage the team to expand fundraising efforts nationally.
- Develop an infrastructure of 3-5 lay leaders in four key communities who are actively involved in prospecting, stewarding, soliciting and thanking donors.
- Launch 4 fundraising mini-events for parents, alumni and supporters, and develop a plan to steward attendees who are capable of increased gifts
- Further develop relationships with current partner foundations (including Federations and Foundations) to identify increased funding opportunities
- Ten years of proven success in cultivation and solicitation in a not for profit environment, especially with the growth of individual gifts
- Five years of experience in management in the non-profit space
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- A “results” focus and willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with volunteer leaders
- A college degree, with a preference for master’s degree
- Effective interactions with all levels/types of volunteers, donors and staff
- Personable, energetic, self-starting nature with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the commitment to fundraising record keeping, tracking, acknowledging, and documenting all gifts
- Attend meetings, events and conferences within Aish Global and outside agencies/organizations deemed appropriate to the furtherance of responsibilities
- Proficiency (or willingness to learn) with Slack, Monday.com, Salesforce, EOS Management System, Google Docs and Calendars, and Whatsapp.