The Associate Director, Friends of Aish (NYC), is a key member of the Aish Global team and is responsible for the creation and maintenance of Friends of Aish. This position will manage a portfolio of donors, with special attention given to those who can contribute $10,000+. He/she will focus on securing gifts for Aish, relationship management, and building / managing a team of lay leaders actively engaged in fundraising endeavors.
The Associate Director, Friend of Aish (NYC) will report to the Executive Director, and will work in close collaboration with the CEO and other NY Aish Staff
- Build relationships with current donors and prospects to solicit new and grow current gifts by
- Working with respected, motivated, non-fundraising Aish global staff,
- Leveraging our database of 60,000+ donors, and
- Engaging personal networks / creative new leads
- Develop an infrastructure of 3-5 lay leaders who are actively involved in prospecting, stewarding, soliciting and thanking donors in 4 communities in the Tri-State Area.
- Launch 4 fundraising mini-events for parents, alumni and supporters, and develop a plan to steward attendees who are capable of increased gifts
- Further develop relationships with current partner foundations (including Federations and Foundations) to identify increased funding opportunities
- Five years of proven success in cultivation and solicitation in a not for profit environment, especially with the growth of individual gifts
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, oral and written
- A “results” focus and willingness to roll-up sleeves to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, lead and collaborate effectively with volunteer leaders
- A college degree, with a preference for master’s degree
- Effective interactions with all levels/types of volunteers, donors and staff
- Personable, energetic, self-starting nature with the ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the commitment to fundraising record keeping, tracking, acknowledging, and documenting all gifts
- Attend meetings, events and conferences within Aish Global and outside agencies/organizations deemed appropriate to the furtherance of responsibilities
- Proficiency (or willingness to learn) with Slack, Monday.com, Salesforce, EOS Management System, Google Docs and Calendars, and Whatsapp.