Director of Operations
Aish is a global organization that inspires millions of people to live more thoughtful, spiritual, and impactful lives by embracing and taking pride in their Jewish heritage and timeless Jewish wisdom. Aish connects with people from all backgrounds through its innovative digital content and impactful in-person programming. Aish provides immersive in person experiences for many thousands of people annually at the Dan Family Aish World Center, as well as the educational academies in Jerusalem.
Aish is seeking a Director of Operations to oversee all physical operations of our school, housing facilities, conference center, catering hall, and full-time cafeteria across multiple locations. As the Director of Operations, you will be responsible for managing all employees necessary to ensure that all facilities are running efficiently. This position will report to the organization COO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, Manage, and create accountability for the entire physical operations team in the organization including, facility / resource managers, maintenance personnel, custodial staff, security and cafeteria staff.
- Develop and implement strategies & processes that are followed by everyone to ensure that all facilities are running efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that all facilities are operated and maintained at a high level of efficiency, cleanliness and safety.
- Coordinate with other departments to identify the needs and ensure that all operations are aligned with the organization’s overall goals and objectives.
- Build and manage budgets for all facilities and ensure that they are being managed effectively and efficiently.
- Ensure that all staff are properly trained and have the necessary resources to perform their jobs effectively.
- Oversee the scheduling of all facilities, including classrooms, dorms, conference center, catering hall, and cafeteria.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that all facilities are being utilized in an appropriate and effective manner.
- Coordinate with outside vendors and contractors to ensure that all facilities are being maintained in accordance with industry standards and regulations.
- Manage the real estate portfolio of the organization to match the current and future needs of the organization
- Identify, and oversee the implementation of the software systems (i.e. ERP and booking) needed and ensure that all staff are properly trained in its use.
- Analyze data collected through our systems to improve efficiency and optimize the utilization of facilities.
- Develop and implement metrics for the operations team to follow that track both team and individual performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in facilities management or a related field, with at least 3 years in a supervisory role.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to manage a diverse team of employees.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in Hebrew and english
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to think creatively and strategically.
- Knowledge of industry standards and regulations related to facilities management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and other relevant software applications.
- Experience with an ERP and booking software.
- Demonstrated ability to build, report, and maintain budgets and financial operations results
- Experience in creating a culture of operational excellence and success and using metrics that demonstrate results.
If you have a passion for facilities management and the desire to join a global organization deeply impacting the lives of Jews globally please apply!